Now I know that a lot of people don’t like cabbage, but when cooked properly with the right ingredients, they can taste really good.
Cabbage Rolls are common in Europe and the Middle East. Give this recipe a try and you might just like it. Feel free to create your own cabbage rolls by modifying the recipe given below and let us know the changes that have been made to the recipe.
Ingredients Required To Make Cabbage Roll
- 1 large sour cabbage head with the leaves peeled off
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium sweet onion, quartered
- 3 white or brown mushrooms
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. GF sweet paprika ;
- 1 carrot washed and roughly chopped1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. GF dried rosemary
- ½ tsp. GF ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. pure tomato paste1 1/2 cup of water
- 1 ½ lb. ground beef
- ½ cup cooked quinoa1 (13.5 oz.) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. GF tapioca starch
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Add garlic, onion, parsley, carrot, mushrooms and spices, into a food processor and grind until they are finely chopped.
- Add half the meat and pulse to blend together
- Transfer the meat mixture into a large bowl and add the remaining meat and quinoa.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Drain the cabbage leaves.
- Add approximately 3 tablespoons of meat mixture onto each cabbage leaf, make sure to close the ends before you roll them.
- Place cabbage rolls seam down into a large baking dish
- Add chopped tomatoes, tapioca starch, tomato paste, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt into a bowl and mix.
- Pour over cabbage rolls and cover the pan with foil or lid.
- Bake for 2 hours.
- Check whether there is enough liquid left, if not you can add more water to it.
- To serve place cabbage rolls on a serving plate and pour the sauce over the rolls.