Almost everyone loves pizza, its easy to eat, look tasty and taste delicious. Unfortunately because of my illness, I was unable to eat pizza that any regular person could eat without worrying about his or health.
The keto diet has been trending for some time now, and people who want to lose weight follow the keto diet. The Keto diet brought with it a few new recipes to the market, with one of them being the Keto Pepperoni Pizza.
My favourite part about the Keto Pepperoni Pizza is that it tastes and feels like pizza and I can eat it without having to worry about my health. The ingredients and steps mentioned below should help you make a really delicious pizza which will either help you with your diet or in my case give you more food options helping me avoid the same boring meals.
Keto Pepperoni Pizza Recipe
Ease Of Preparation: Easy
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 Minutes
Ingredients For Pizza Crust
- 3/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3 Cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 3 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 3 Table Spoons Parmesan Romano Grated Cheese
- 2 Table Spoons Italian Seasoning
Ingredients For Pizza Topping
- 3/4 c. low-carb sugar-free tomato sauce1/2 c.
- thinly sliced pepperoni1/2 c.
- thinly sliced green bell pepper1/4 c.
- thinly sliced red onion
- Freshly basil leaves, torn
Instructions To Make Keto Pepperoni Pizza
- Add the 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese together and 85 grams of Cream Cheese into a large microwave-safe bowl, and microwave on high temperatures until it begins to melt.
- Remove the cheese from the Microwave and stir together. Put it back in the microwave for approximately another 40-45 seconds.
- Remove the bowl and stir the cheese again. The consistency should start to become VERY sticky, and you should not a lot of unmelted mozzarella cheese. If there are still some unmelted cheese, return to Microwave if needed.
- In a smaller bowl mix the Almond Flour, Baking Powder, Italian Seasoning, Parmesan Romano Cheese, and Eggs.
- Combine all the ingredients and mix them together.
- Add the remaining 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese on top of the mixture and mix it again,
- Set out Plastic Wrap on the counter and dust lightly with Parmesan Romano Cheese (optional).
- Pour the mixture onto the dusted portion of the plastic wrap in the middle, and wrap in the plastic wrap to form a general Ball shape.
- Place the dough into the refrigerator for about 20-30 minutes so that it becomes a little firm.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Celcius.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator after the desired time.
- Roll out the dough onto a greased 16″ Pan, and/or cover the Pizza Pan with Parchment Paper.
- The dough should be spread out until about 1/4″ thick all around.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until golden brown all over.
- Remove from oven immediately and set on the counter to prepare the pizza toppings.
- Add a little bit of cheese, pepper, onions, pepperoni on the crust (make sure to spread it evenly) and put it back in the microwave until you see the cheese melting.
- You can then add the Italian seasoning on top according to your preference.
There you have it, your Keto Pepperoni Pizza. Let us know how you found it and if you did make any changes to the recipe, let us know that too.